Green Card Attorney in Fort Collins

Adjustment of status is the process used to apply for lawful permanent resident status (also known as a Green Card or ‘Mica” in Spanish) while you are present in the United States. This means that you may complete the entire application process without having to return to your home country to complete your Green Card process.

According to USCIS, if you are outside of the United States, you cannot submit your residency application through the Adjustment of Status, you must submit your applications through consular processing.

Am I eligible to Adjust Status?

Call Elevated Family law today to speak to our Family Immigration Attorney, Michelle Lee Hornsby.

During your consultation, Attorney Michelle Hornsby will evaluate your case, determine if you qualify to Adjust your Status in the United States, and help prepare you for the process.


The information in this blog post (“post”) is provided for general informational purposes only, and may not reflect the current law in your jurisdiction. No information contained in this post should be construed as legal advice from FamilyTreeImmigration or the individual author, nor is it intended to be a substitute for legal counsel on any subject matter. No reader of this post should act or refrain from acting on the basis of any information included in, or accessible through, this Post without seeking the appropriate legal or other professional advice on the particular facts and circumstances at issue from a lawyer licensed in the recipient’s state, country or other appropriate licensing jurisdiction. The wrong help can hurt. Be aware of  Immigration scams. Please call us if you have any questions. (970-797-4757)