Adjustment of status is the formal process to apply for Lawful Permanent Resident status in the United States (also known as applying for a Green Card or ‘Mica’ in Spanish) when you are present in the United States. This means that you may get a Green Card without having to return to your home country to complete the process.

If you are outside of the United States, you must obtain your visa abroad through consular processing.

  • Am I eligible

U.S. immigration laws provide a variety of ways for people to apply for a Green Card. The eligibility requirements for adjustment of status may vary depending on the immigrant category you are applying under. The first step in the adjustment of status process is to determine if you fit into a specific immigrant category and whether you have a qualifying Family Member who is a U.S. Citizen or a lawful Permanent Resident that can be your Petitioner.

Review USCIS Green Card Eligibility Categories page to see if you fall under any eligibility category and what eligibility requirements you must demonstrate. Contact Elevated Family Law today for a consultation and let our Immigration Attorney, Michelle Lee Hornsby, help your family determine whether you may be eligible to adjust your status. (970)797-4757.