Immigration Lawyer in Fort Collins CO
Family Tree Immigration
Michelle Lee Hornsby, Licensed Attorney, Family Immigration
Call to learn how Family Tree Immigration can help with your family immigration needs. Call our office today (970) 797-4757
Welcome to Family Tree Immigration for Your Family Immigration Needs
Supporting Families is Our Mission SE HABLA ESPANOL
The land of opportunity, to becoming an American citizen is a privilege granted to many. Immigration is vital to the economy of Colorado and brings us diversity and culture.
Navigating the path to citizenship can be very tricky and lengthy, and one you do not want to do alone. An immigration attorney can step you through the forms and process, ensuring the quickest and easiest way through the system.
At Family Tree Immigration, our mission is to serve and support families who are navigating the U.S. Immigration System. We can help you and your family members obtain lawful status in the United States.
Our attorneys and staff at Family Tree Immigration will sit down with you and your family, listen to your story and give you fair and honest advice regarding your immigration status. We know the laws, we know the processes, we can guide you through the documentation and tests.
Whether it’s processing your green card application, bringing families together, or answering questions about your pending applications, we can support you through the entire process.
A lawyer is not required for the immigration process, but it is highly recommended that you obtain one for several reasons:
- An immigration attorney can ensure you have the correct paperwork for your specific situation.
- An immigration attorney can explain all of your options.
- Especially if English is not your primary language, an immigration attorney can help you understand the requirements and follow the rules.
- There is less chance of something being missed and risking deportation for minor violations.
Let us help you review your case to determine your Immigration options.
Call our Family Immigration Attorney, Michelle Lee Hornsby, at Family Tree Immigration to see how we can help your family. (970) 797-4757
Citizenship Through Naturalization
Naturalization is the process by which U.S. Citizenship is granted to a foreign citizen or national after he or she meets the requirements established by Congress in the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA). Here is a list of general requirements from the USCIS
- Fill out the correct
application and submit documentation required by USCIS
- Be at least 18 years of age at the time of filing
- Have had a “Green Card” for at least 5 years. Proof of at least 5 years residency in the United States
- Proof of at least 3 months residency in the state or district where you apply
- Be able to read, write and speak basic English
- Have a basic
understanding of U.S. History and Government (Civics)
- Click here for a study guide for the Naturalization test https://www.uscis.gov/citizenship/learners/study-test
- Click here for a sample test
To see if you are eligible to apply for naturalization, call us at (970) 797-4757.
A Path to U.S. Citizenship
Here are the most common ways to obtain U.S. Citizenship:
- U.S. Citizen married to a Green card Holder
- Military personnel and their family that is a green card holder
- You have a parent that is a citizen
If you still have questions about how to apply for U.S. Citizenship and the naturalization process, then go to their website HERE.
Michelle Lee Hornsby is a licensed Family Immigration Attorney in the Longmont area. She has the knowledge to look at your case and give you all of the options on your path to citizenship. Call for a consultation. We can meet on the phone or in person. Get the information you need and make sure you are secure in your legal status.
CALL US TODAY
155 East Boardwalk #460
Fort Collins, Colorado 80525
Monday – Friday 9:00am – 5:00pm EST